My name is Brandi, and I am a 30 year old woman living in Chicago.
I went to Catholic school for 12 years, and therefore was thoroughly indoctrinated.
This blog chronicles my history with Roman Catholicism, the “crisis of faith” I am having at this point in my life, and the reasons why.
This blog is titled, “I Used to be Catholic,” but I’m honestly not that sure. I have trouble referring to myself as Catholic these days because the Church has really made a mess of itself lately, but in reality, it’s the only religion I have ever known.
My intention is to explore my feelings about the Church, and come to a conclusion about my faith.
It’s important to note that I am not conservative.
- I am pro marriage equality.
- I do not believe homosexuality to be a sin.
- I am pro choice and pro birth control and pro comprehensive sexual education.
I do not wish to engage in ideological arguments with conservative Catholics, so if that is your intention you can stop reading now.
Also it is important to note that I am not an atheist.
- Yes, I believe in God.
- No, I don’t think people who don’t believe are going to hell.
- No, I don’t force my beliefs on others.
- Yes, I am extremely tolerant of other religions as long as they don’t force their beliefs on me and others
It is not my intention to engage in ideological arguments with atheists, either. If it is your intention to attack my belief in God when I’ve made it clear that I have no issues with your lack of belief, then stop reading now.
Good, now that all that’s settled, enjoy the blog!